Corridor H-Kerens to US 219 Connector
Exploring new challenges.
INSIDE THE PROJECT
This $209 million Design-Build project is WVDOH’s largest to date. Work will include the design, grade and drain of US 48 (Corridor H) and the US 219 Connector for approximately 7.5 miles and 0.9 miles respectively along with the design and construction of major structures.
Approximately 60% of the project will be constructed within the Monongahela National Forest and will include approximately 12 million cubic years of heavy earthwork, significant rock blasting and five bridge structures ranging up to 1,200 feet long and 250 feet tall.
Major quantities include:
- 12 million cubic yards of excavation
- 40,000 linear feet of pipe
- 450 acres of clearing
- 6 million pounds of rebar
- 16 million pounds of structural steel
- 30,000 cubic yards of concrete
- 24,000 linear feet of piling