KY IR-264 Watterson Expressway
Successfully completed high-profile project ahead of schedule.
INSIDE THE PROJECT
This high-profile project consisted of the widening and reconstruction of 7.7 miles of IR-264 in Louisville, Kentucky. The contract required a very aggressive schedule, as Kokosing was only permitted 500 calendar days for construction with zero allowance for weather extensions.
Kokosing self-performed the majority of the work using a combination of skilled labor from our force or local tradespersons. Through extensive pre-planning and innovation, our skilled management force helped lead the team to successfully complete this fast-track project for the Owner in 497 calendar days.
- Aggressive schedule
- 8 ramps with 9 day closures, 10 ramps with 14 day closures, including mainline section
- 7.6 miles of pavement rehabilitation
- 48 bridge deck replacements
- 70,000 linear feet of drainage
- Concrete plant with conveyor
- Batched 155,000 cubic yards concrete
- 521,000 square yards concrete paving
- Concrete QA/QC program done in-house
- 32,000 linear feet concrete median barrier
- Signing and lighting
Award: Contractor of the Year – Kentucky Chapter of the American Public